[Event] Secret Santa 2017

News and community-related events.
Forum rules
For minor updates and a convenient way to keep up with announcements and events, follow @therosekeep on Twitter!
Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

[Event] Secret Santa 2017

Postby Masao » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 am

SECRET ☃ SANTA

It's that time of year again! The holidays are upon us, and whether you celebrate Christmas or not, Secret Santa is a fun event anyone can join. The goal of this event will be for all of us to get to know each other better, and to investigate each other's interests. Please read the rules and sign up if you're interested. We encourage everyone to give it a try. If you think the holiday season will be a bit busy, submitting your gifts ahead of time is always acceptable.

❆【 Rules 】❆

1. There are three parts to this event:
    1. Forum Icon - due Dec 10
    2. Holiday Card - due Dec 22
    3. Special Gift - due Dec 22
  2. The above due schedule is based on your own timezone, so as long as you submit before midnight the date of, it'll be on time.
  3. Participants will email their gifts to me (contact[⁂]teacake.org), and I will act as Santa's Elf and deliver to the right recipient.
  4. While this event is going on, please keep your identity a secret from everyone else in the event (gifts delivered on Dec 22 can give away your identity). Keeping the secret is a part of the fun! :lol:
  5. Please send in your gifts on time (and sending early is encouraged and appreciated); I will try to deliver the gifts for everyone at roughly the same time.
  6. The format for the Forum Icon is 150x150 pixels. These are handed in and delivered early so they can be used by all participants for the duration of the event!
  7. The dimension of the Holiday Card is 360x480 pixels. You are free to add text on the card itself, but each Secret Santa is also asked to include a short personal message to the person they're gifting (not as part of the graphic). This message will be publicly showcased with the reveal and should be between 250-350 characters.
  8. The Special Gift is the main "gift" portion of the event. It's up to each Secret Santa to decide what to make (read "Gift Suggestions" below for ideas and further details).
    When making the Special Gift, feel free to be as creative as you like, and investigate your target's interests. Just keep in mind what they have filled out in their signups for what kind of gifts they want and which to avoid.
  9. If you have any specific questions regarding any of the portions of this event, please feel free to message me.

❆【 Gift Suggestions 】❆

• Buttons/Layouts for sites
  • Feedback for sites
  • Media contribution to sites with media section
  • Social media icons/headers/themes
  • Fanmix for something they enjoy
  • Wallpapers (desktop or mobile) featuring their favorite things
  • Music, poetry, essays, etc. that they might enjoy or that might inspire them
  • Feel free to mix things up. The goal is to gift things your assigned person will like.
  • Note: this is the main gift portion of the event, so you can gift one "large" gift, or many "small" gifts. For example, giving one button or one wallpaper might be a tad bit scant. Instead, giving multiple buttons, or a mix of small things (a bundle of gifts) is more appropriate.

❆【 Sign Up 】❆
Example:

Name: Nickname
Collective URL: http://
Gifts I prefer: 1280x800 wallpapers, animated gifs
Gifts to avoid: site buttons, twitter icons
Notes: (any additional comments you'd like your Secret Santa to know?)

Form:

Code: Select all

[quote]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Collective URL:[/b]
[b]Gifts I prefer:[/b]
[b]Gifts to avoid:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[/quote]
To sign up, reply to this thread with the above form all filled out. :cool:

❆【 Schedule 】❆

• Activities: Nov 29 - Dec 22
    • Forum Icon - due Dec 10
    • Holiday Card - due Dec 22
    • Special Gift - due Dec 22
  • Reveal: Dec 24
All New, Faded for Her

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: [Event] Secret Santa 2017

Postby Sophia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

SO EXCITED
:heart: :lol:

Name: Sophia
Collective URL: http://raygunsue.org
Gifts I prefer: Feedback (primarily shrines), inspiration (for FLs that should be shrines and projects upcoming), social media icons (TWITTAH), BUTTONS (FOR ALL SITES).
Gifts to avoid: Desktop -- I have a Bee & Puppycat image I love too much to ever change!
Notes: My schedule is going to worsen dramatically soon, so my hope is to submit all of my items early. So if I seem scarce, I promise I'm not leaving you without gifts!

I made this more explicit because others got more explicit :eyes: :turtle:
Last edited by Sophia on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Robin
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Postby Robin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Name: Robin
Collective URL: withinmyworld.org
Gifts I prefer:
  • Wallpapers (1366x768--my aesthetic is kinda minimalist, and I love clear glass, water, light, reflections/mirrors, flowers/nature)
  • Site feedback <3
  • Site buttons (any site, especially the smaller sizes like 88x31 and 100x35/100x50)
  • Social media/forum avatars (I'd love one of Cinderella, Belle, Moana, or Princess Peach :D)
  • Media/fanworks
  • Anything creative tbh
Gifts to avoid: Hmm...I don't need any site layouts at the moment but everything else is cool <3
Notes: n/a

Edited to be more specific about things (esp. subject matter)
Last edited by Robin on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Larissa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Name: Larissa
Collective URL: http://redcrown.net
Gifts I prefer: Buttons, new layout for Zen or Mystina, feedback :heart:, social media icons/headers, fanmixes, music in general (see here), phone wallpapers (I have a Galaxy S8, an app that changes my wallpaper every day, and like nature photography), desktop wallpapers (I just got a 1080p monitor and what do I even DO with that resolution), and anything with Lightning. :heart2:
Gifts to avoid: Layouts for other sites, poetry
Notes: If you decide to make a layout, I have about all the images you’ll ever find for those two characters, so ask Santa’s Elf for a delivery.
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaay!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
Name: Lethe
Collective URL: http://oubliette.nu/
Gifts I prefer:
  • buttons (88x31, 100x35, 200x40) :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
  • tablet wallpapers (vertical-only, 800x1280 minimum [setup for reference: the bottom part stays as is, the clock can be moved around on a 3x3 grid and is currently top middle])
  • desktop wallpapers to be used at workplace (1920x1200) :eyes:
  • social media graphics (Twitter: icon/header; Tumblr: icon; Backloggery: icon/header [80x80/775x350])
  • inspiration for existing/planned sites (essays, poetry, neat CSS/scripts, Tumblr photosets or layouts with good b&w manga panel edits, etc.)
  • site feedback/suggestions
  • anything else you think I might like!! :D I enjoy reading essays/analysis of things I'm into in general, and love poetry that stings. If you can't think of anything, know that I am also really into some otoge boys (Lupin from Code: Realize, Kei/Takeru from CollarxMalice, Shin from Amnesia), so anything involving them would make me super happy! :heart:
Gifts to avoid: site layouts, fanmixes/music
Notes: Poke Masao if you need anything!! :heart:

<O><O>
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am

Due to some concerns, we have pushed back the due date for the icon to December 10.

I hope if anyone was worried about the short notice of the icon might feel more comfortable signing up now. And as always, if anyone expects delays, please let me know, and we can work something out, such as a delayed delivery. If enough people need more time, we can push back some of the due dates. We specifically chose earlier dates to avoid having too many things due right around Christmas for those who celebrate.
All New, Faded for Her

catnox
Saffron
Saffron

Postby catnox » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm the saddest elf in the world bc I'm going to have to pass this year, but if anyone has to drop out, you can message me to be your backup so nobody goes without receiving gifts :heart2: :heart2:!!

Wendy
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Wendy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Name: Wendy
Collective URL: http://asterial.net (empty still though)
Gifts I prefer: social media stuff (twitter mainly), desktop (1280x800)/mobile (1334x750) bgs
Gifts to avoid: nothing really
Notes: Wasn't sure if I had to be more specific! You can ask me stuff too :3! Also, I might be a bit busy at the beginning of December, but I won't let you down, Secret Santa! I like OKHC (Tamaki, TamaHaru), Gundam00 (Lockon -- Neil), BSSM (Sailor Jupiter), Legend of Zelda (Zelda or Link is fine, unless you're familiar and know what would be feel worthy xD), pandas, EXO (top 3: Lay, Suho, Chanyeol), YOI (Viktor), aaaand if you'd like more, just let me know!
Last edited by Wendy on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

Ok, sign ups are now closed! Thanks to those who signed up, and everyone who's taken interest even if you're unable to sign up this year. I will be sending out assignments tonight.
All New, Faded for Her

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 pm

HEHEHE assignments are out!! <O><O>

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Return to “Announcements and Events”