Upcoming Video Games

Chat about anything around anime, manga, video games, literature, music, etc.
Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Upcoming Video Games

Postby Lethe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

What are the video game releases you're looking forward to in the near future? :excited:

I think there aren't many big things coming out JRPG-wise for the rest of the year, or even in Q1 of the next, but I might be mistaken. :|a

I'm somewhat anxious about the new episode that's going to be added to the .hack//G.U. remaster because I don't know how much of that was actually planned (not fond of impromptu sequels), but the remastered graphics look lovely. The trilogy wasn't available in PAL territory on the PS2, so I had to go through other means to play it back then. It'll be nice to experience it on the actual console on the wide screen :excited: :excited: :excited: , even if G.U.'s tone isn't my favourite in the franchise.

DanganRonpa V3: Killing Harmony is releasing next week too! I'll probably buy it on launch to avoid internet spoilers ruining the mystery, despite the skepticism... The touches of greenery in the demo were my favourite thing about it. Is anyone else going to play?

OH AND A HAT IN TIME IS FINALLY RELEASING NEXT WEEK!!!! I'm so hyped!!! I backed this in 2013 and have been... waiting... forever... This is probably the Kickstarter project I've been most excited about over all these years, because the material they had up during the campaign and all the updates ever since have looked so vibrant and lovely. ;_; I'm a huge fan of the PS1 Ape Escape and Spyro games, and have missed such games in my life, so I hope that this one can recapture some of that love. ;_;
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Re: Upcoming Video Games

Postby sugarplum » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Lethe wrote:I think there aren't many big things coming out JRPG-wise for the rest of the year, or even in Q1 of the next, but I might be mistaken. :|a
;_;

Excuse you! The regurgitated Etrian Odyssey clone known as Persona Q2 was announced recently. Here's hoping it will come out next year! I can't wait to see how much Atlus will milk Persona 5 just like it did Persona 4 (and Persona 3 for a while, what with the FOUR MOVIES AND MUSiCALS), and I honestly am not mad about it because I'm totally getting Dancing Star Night and Dancing Moon Night. (throws bank account at Atlus)

I think that's my checklist for now. I still have a laundry list of games I haven't yet played/completed and I'm in no hurry to tackle any shiny new ones.

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 pm

sugarplum wrote:Excuse you! The regurgitated Etrian Odyssey clone known as Persona Q2 was announced recently. Here's hoping it will come out next year! I can't wait to see how much Atlus will milk Persona 5 just like it did Persona 4 (and Persona 3 for a while, what with the FOUR MOVIES AND MUSiCALS), and I honestly am not mad about it because I'm totally getting Dancing Star Night and Dancing Moon Night. (throws bank account at Atlus)

I think that's my checklist for now. I still have a laundry list of games I haven't yet played/completed and I'm in no hurry to tackle any shiny new ones.

Haha I checked out an Etrian Odyssey demo on the N3DS a few years ago and it was totally not my thing. I don't think I'd be into Persona Q either but I will give Q2 a look once it's out - if I recall correctly, Q had a super cute art style! And I am very curious about Dancing Star Night too (for obvious reasons :eyes:)!! I haven't played any music games in so long and the only one I really spent time with was Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (both), so I hope it's something I can actually play haha!

I'm looking forward to a bunch of otoge releases next year (Code: Realize fandisk!!) but like you, I've also already got plenty of games to play that I need to make time for... /o\
in the dark,

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Saya » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 am

Personally I am waiting for Assassins Creed Origins that comes out at the end of October, with boyfriend both are waiting for Hack that comes out, and also Final Fantasy Dissidia NT (bf waits for the Monster hunter for ps4).

But I will probably also get OKAMI that comes out for ps4 never managed to finish it on ps3 XD

And I am hoping that will be all because really too much money goes for games in this household XD

Lethe wrote:I'm somewhat anxious about the new episode that's going to be added to the .hack//G.U. remaster because I don't know how much of that was actually planned (not fond of impromptu sequels), but the remastered graphics look lovely. The trilogy wasn't available in PAL territory on the PS2, so I had to go through other means to play it back then. It'll be nice to experience it on the actual console on the wide screen :excited: :excited: :excited: , even if G.U.'s tone isn't my favourite in the franchise.

I agree with you on this, it is not my favourite but, hell finally a hack for ps4 XD
...as goes light, so goes darkness

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Larissa » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 am

There’s not a whole lot I’m looking forward to in the next few months, which is good because it gives me a chance to work through my backlog, lmao. A few things:

• I’ve been playing Wolfenstein: The New Order because I really liked the E3 trailer for its sequel, The New Colossus, which comes out next month. (It’s one of the few things that got my interest at E3 this year, lmao.)
  • The HD remaster of LA Noire comes out in November! Now I can sell my 360 copy! lmao... I bought the game in 2011, soon after it came out, and I’ve never gotten more than an hour or two into it. It was always a title that intrigued me, so I’m looking forward to checking it out, probably in December.
  • Speaking of Rockstar, the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 came out yesterday. In theory I’m excited, but I have no expectation that it’s actually going to come out next spring. That and the premise they went with didn’t really grab me... I picked up Red Dead Redemption simply because it looked like fun (and it was) but its compelling protagonist and story are what make it into a great game. Not sure if they can recapture that. (It’s been so long though, I just want to ride a horse and lasso people again.)
  • Dissidia NT! I missed out on the beta, which sucks because I really would like to give the new system a spin. Really excited though.
  • I never played Okami, so I’m looking forward to that for sure. I probably won’t play it for a while, though. :turtle:
  • This list is getting way longer than I expected. This does not bode well for my wallet. :shock:
  • anyway, Pokémon! I may or may not play it when it comes out, idk. I love you, Pokémon, but you gotta stop coming out in November when I’m busy with Nanowrimo. :sob:

I THINK THAT’S IT... in all honesty I’d like to spend the rest of 2017 working on my backlog, aside from maybe Wolfenstein. But we’ll see.
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Aaaah! You just reminded me of Pokemon! I'm excited for it, too! I wonder how much of a sequel it will be for Sun/Moon!

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:01 pm

omg Okami...! I've admired it since the PS2 ages but never got around to buy or play it, and by now I wonder how it has aged haha... I might check it out if others are playing. <3
in the dark,

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQknBJo4aBQ

My friend showed me the pre-alpha trailer for Untitled Goose Game and I'm in love with it! The music is so whimsical and fun. It's supposed to come out next year!

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:06 am

I've realised nearly all all the games I'm looking forward to are remakes or re-releases. :sweat:

So there's the Secret of Mana remake next February. It's one of my all time favourite games ever (I'm so pleased it's on the SNES Classic you have no idea). I'm not 100% sold on the art style yet but I'm keeping an open mind and looking forward to seeing how they'll update the game.

I'm another one excited for Okami! I never played it before and I've always thought it looks beautiful so I'm glad it's coming out on PS4.

Also in like ten years time I'm really looking forward to playing the Final Fantasy VII remake. :cool:

I suppose I'm also low-key looking forward to new Pokemon but I still haven't finished Sun/Moon so I'm not sure if I'll pick it up.

Another one I'm excited for but not sure if I'll get is Dissidia NT. I had fun in the beta but it's the kind of game I try to avoid playing – like any MMO or games like Overwatch; big time sink with no set end point. I know myself well enough I could easily lose hundreds of hours to it. I think what will swing me either way will be how many friends get it. I don't want to play on my own with randoms.
:heart2:

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Larissa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Emma wrote:Another one I'm excited for but not sure if I'll get is Dissidia NT. I had fun in the beta but it's the kind of game I try to avoid playing – like any MMO or games like Overwatch; big time sink with no set end point. I know myself well enough I could easily lose hundreds of hours to it. I think what will swing me either way will be how many friends get it. I don't want to play on my own with randoms.
I had no idea it was multiplayer-only! :shock: That's what I get for not looking into it at all. Now I really regret missing the beta. I'll have to think about whether I want to play it. (I avoid those types of games for the exact same reason, lmao.)
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

Return to “Fandom Talk”