Upcoming Video Games

Chat about anything around anime, manga, video games, literature, music, etc.
Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Re: Upcoming Video Games

Postby Emma » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:41 am

Larissa wrote:
Emma wrote:Another one I'm excited for but not sure if I'll get is Dissidia NT. I had fun in the beta but it's the kind of game I try to avoid playing – like any MMO or games like Overwatch; big time sink with no set end point. I know myself well enough I could easily lose hundreds of hours to it. I think what will swing me either way will be how many friends get it. I don't want to play on my own with randoms.
I had no idea it was multiplayer-only! :shock: That's what I get for not looking into it at all. Now I really regret missing the beta. I'll have to think about whether I want to play it. (I avoid those types of games for the exact same reason, lmao.)

I actually think there might be some kind of story mode that you play against the AI and unlock cutscenes that way? I'd forgotten about it till I read your post, all people mostly seem to be talking about is the multiplayer so it feels to me they're trying to set this up to be an Overwatch kind of dealio.
:heart2:

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Saya » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 am

I dont really think it's like overwatch - as i dont think this will be like pvp mmo, i think is more on the level of how tekken and soul calibur are - kinda playing against ai or a friend with a second controler- by what i've seen but I could be wrong
...as goes light, so goes darkness

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am

I haven't played Overwatch to be fair, so I could be off in the comparison. The Dissidia NT beta was online 3v3 PVP battles (or you playing with an AI team vs an AI team), which is why it reminded me of it.
:heart2:

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Sophia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:53 am

I'll second Emma's interest in Secret of Mana -- I didn't play the game much, but I remember renting it from Blockbuster ( *AGES IMMEDIATELY* ) and loving it as I played. I know it's a separate title, but I really enjoyed Sword of Mana, and want to get more into that franchise.

Also this is super late-to-the-game, but I'm excited for both versions of FFXV, PC and mobile, coming in late 2017 / early 2018. Mostly because I want to catch up with everyone! And also I want to enjoy a pretty boi road trip plz.

Inspired by the thread, I went peeking for more releases, and found several things to be excited for on this list. Specifically, Aer, Knights & Bikes, Ooblets, Mineko's Night Market, The Return of the Obra Dinn, and YIIK.

(I have more games than I can play in my mortal life probably but I can't stop, won't stop. :evil: )
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Return to “Fandom Talk”