[Event] Summer Vacation!!

News and community-related events.
Forum rules
For minor updates and a convenient way to keep up with announcements and events, follow @therosekeep on Twitter!
Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

[Event] Summer Vacation!!

Postby Lethe » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Summer is here! The lucky ones among you might be taking a break, relaxing somewhere far away from everything, while others are still going about their work, wishing to be elsewhere. Whichever group you belong to, why not use the summer to take a dive into the realm of fansites? :wink:

What's your summer destination? ☀

Send us a link to a site that reminds you of summer - any aspect of the site, any aspect of summer! A layout that uses bright and warm colours, a subject that you associate with memories of a summer, a character who is like the sun personified, a page about the heat, the insects, the beach, anything goes! Include 1-3 sentences connecting the site to summer that we can publish. :sparkle:

Any sites that dominantly feature fandoms are accepted, including, but not limited to: shrine and fanlisting collectives, individual shrines and fanlistings, dedicated blogs with original content, and other kinds of fansites we may have neglected to mention. It may not, however, be a site of your own! After all, that's home turf! Submissions are also limited to one site per creator. If another member has already submitted a site by someone whose site you meant to submit, please look for a different site.

To send in your submission, either
On Twitter, we will confirm your submission by replying to you!

Let's send out postcards! ☀

We will round up the sites and make small postcards for each, to be displayed in our summer vacation gallery! Let's show everyone what kind of sites you've dipped into so that we may share nice destinations with each other! If you want to, you can even send out the postcards to the respective site owner as a token of appreciation. :heart:

You have until the August 14th to send in submissions!

Mailbox ☀

Postcards of the following people are currently waiting to be delivered...!

• Andrea
  • Ash
  • Elysa
  • Lethe
  • Saya
A full set of postcards is released one week after the deadline at the latest - look forward to it! :excited:

Postcard Gallery ☀

Image Image
Image Image

See this post for the postcard greetings!

Many thanks to Andrea and Elysa for helping with the template of the postcards! :heart:
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: [Event] Summer Vacation!!

Postby Saya » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Heroic Tale/ by Crystal

the moment you open this page it embraces you with the warm colours that make you feel the summer is here (the one that I am hoping for here but we get the low temperatures), and especially the eyes of the character that looks at you it is what makes me associate this site with summer u,,u
...as goes light, so goes darkness

Andrea
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Andrea » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:20 am

Atlas by Shinju

All the lovely colors remind me of summer nights! With the subtle flower and sparkle textures, it kind of feels like you're in a magical tropical paradise. There's such a warm atmosphere to the layout, too; it's almost as if you're watching the sunset alongside Keith and Shiro. :heart2:
and the rest is rust and s̲ᴛ̲ᴀ̲ʀ̲ᴅ̲ᴜ̲s̲ᴛ̲ . . .

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 am

Hehe those are two lovely summer destinations! :heart: Here's my cheese summer tip. :eyes:

C'est la vie by Annie

Some parts of summer fill me with so much energy and drive that I feel like I should live every day to its fullest; others, especially the warm evenings, make me withdraw in pensive nostalgia, often in memory of past summers. When I think of Minako, the two sides of her story are what stick with me: her past as Sailor V, her present as Sailor Venus; her duty as a guardian, her life as a teenage girl. To me, this lively yet dreamy layout captures both Minako Aino as well as the different facets of summer perfectly.
in the dark,

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Less than 2 weeks left~ :lol:

We'll be tweeting the entries soon, periodically showcasing what's been submitted so far. Feel free to retweet those, but we'll post a final round up of the entries, including the original quality images of the badges, at the end of this event, so stay tuned!

Hope to see more submissions.
All New, Faded for Her

Elysa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Elysa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Guiding Light by Courtney

Zeno is one of the later characters to show up, but he always adds so much positive energy to the group with his cheerful personality! Summer also reminds me of yellow, and as yellow is Zeno's main color, Courtney made a gorgeous layout featuring that color, so it matches perfectly with both Zeno and the summer theme for this event! :heart2:

Ash
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Summertime Sadness by Megan

This lovely dedication to Hotarubi no Mori e encompasses the feelings of a sweet summer romance. The pretty green colors used remind me of the forest setting of the movie. Between the setting and time of year featured in the movie and the design Megan uses for this fansite, nothing matches the Summer theme more perfectly!
" though she be but little , she is fierce "

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Summer is slowly coming to an end. Hopefully, you've managed to enjoy some of it before it's time to return to work and school (or perhaps you've already returned, or you never left in the first place...)! Check out all these lovely summer destinations scouted by residents of The Rose Keep, along with the postcards they're sending from there! :excited: :cool:

All the lovely colors remind me of summer nights! With the subtle flower and sparkle textures, it kind of feels like you're in a magical tropical paradise. There's such a warm atmosphere to the layout, too; it's almost as if you're watching the sunset alongside Keith and Shiro. :heart2:
This lovely dedication to Hotarubi no Mori e encompasses the feelings of a sweet summer romance. The pretty green colors used remind me of the forest setting of the movie. Between the setting and time of year featured in the movie and the design Megan uses for this fansite, nothing matches the Summer theme more perfectly!
Zeno is one of the later characters to show up, but he always adds so much positive energy to the group with his cheerful personality! Summer also reminds me of yellow, and as yellow is Zeno's main color, Courtney made a gorgeous layout featuring that color, so it matches perfectly with both Zeno and the summer theme for this event! :heart2:
Some parts of summer fill me with so much energy and drive that I feel like I should live every day to its fullest; others, especially the warm evenings, make me withdraw in pensive nostalgia, often in memory of past summers. When I think of Minako, the two sides of her story are what stick with me: her past as Sailor V, her present as Sailor Venus; her duty as a guardian, her life as a teenage girl. To me, this lively yet dreamy layout captures both Minako Aino as well as the different facets of summer perfectly.
the moment you open this page it embraces you with the warm colours that make you feel the summer is here (the one that I am hoping for here but we get the low temperatures), and especially the eyes of the character that looks at you it is what makes me associate this site with summer u,,u

Thank you for your warm entries, and many thanks to Andrea and Elysa for helping with the template of the postcards. :heart: You are free to display the postcards anywhere if you'd like to, as sender or recipient, and are also welcome to send them directly to the respective site owner! :wink:

We hope you all enjoy the last parts of summer!

Spoiler: In case you'd like to display the images on a dark background, feel free to grab the variants here!
in the dark,

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Yay the stamp results are all so cute. Thank you to everyone who participated! :heart:
All New, Faded for Her

Robin
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Postby Robin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:11 pm

OMG these are all so cute!!! <3<3<3 These graphics though!!!
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Return to “Announcements and Events”