[Event] Telephone Taboo

News and community-related events.
Forum rules
For minor updates and a convenient way to keep up with announcements and events, follow @therosekeep on Twitter!
Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: [Event] Telephone Taboo

Postby Sophia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm in!❤ ❤
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Fiona
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Fiona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Sorry but I'm going to have to sit this one out. That said, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with once the event gets going. :sparkle: Have fun!

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 am

Thank you all for the support and participation! Sign ups have now closed.

We'll be reaching out soon to those of you who signed up with the next steps. And I'll be looking forward to everyone's results. :heart2:
All New, Faded for Her

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 am

The randomizer has determined the turn order, and all participants have been PM'd! :heart2:

• Turn 1: September 16 - September 19
  • Turn 2: September 21 - September 24
  • Turn 3: September 26 - September 29
  • Turn 4: October 01 - October 04
  • Turn 5: October 06 - October 09

<O><O>
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Excited!!! <3<3<3
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Really enjoying this event so far! Can't wait to see what everyone submitted! :D

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 am

All entries have been submitted! We will try to get the results up by the end of the week - stay tuned! <O><O>
in the dark,

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 pm

OOOOO can't wait!!

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:02 am

I wasn't able to participate in this, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the results! :D
:heart2:

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Apologies for the delay! Without further ado, here's the complete graphic showing off all the different styles and fandoms! <O><O>

The original keyword was swordfighter! :sparkle: And here's how our lovely participants have interpreted the input they were given:

[1] Emily
Fire Emblem: Awakening - Lucina
Keyword (original): swordfighter
Lucina is a strong-willed princess with a mission to save the world. Skilled in combat, she uses the weapon inherited from her father to battle for justice.

[2] Medli
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Link
Assumed keyword: sword
Traveling through time, Link had to be quick and strong to defeat Ganon so that he could save Hyrule and rescue Princess Zelda.

[3] Robin
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Seto Kaiba
Assumed keyword: capable
Though Seto Kaiba is often characterized as the "rival" to the main hero of Yu-Gi-Oh!, he also proves himself as an able ally with plenty of skills.

[4] Larissa
Rurouni Kenshin - Hajime Saitou
Assumed keyword: antihero
While Saitou Hajime is introduced in an antagonistic role, he becomes a person the characters of Rurouni Kenshin can rely on -- even when his particular brand of justice runs counter to theirs.

[5] Sophia
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Spike (+ chibi Sophia :heart:)
Assumed keyword: antihero
A dynamic character who changes as the story progresses, Spike takes on further moral narrative and moral importance throughout the Buffyverse. While he comes to be more and more committed to goodness, he still presents a contrast to the ideals of the lead characters he supports, be it Angel or Buffy.

Can you all follow how this developed? :lol: :lol: We did ask for minor blurb edits in some cases (i.e. when the keyword was either not hidden well enough, or hidden too well against what the rules were saying), but otherwise we let things stand. It was a lot of fun to watch this unfold, and we love how people followed up to the input they were given!

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm for this event, whether or not you've participated!! :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Questionnaire

If you've participated in this event, we'd appreciate if you could answer the following: Considering that you are given the timeframe for your turn upfront and can reschedule before or around event start if needed, how do you feel about turns being 4 days + 1 day as padding?

The reason we're asking this is because (against expectations! <3) several submissions were handed in very early, resulting in extra time. We credited the extra time to participants that followed because we had scheduled the turns in advance, and had given people the time to reschedule, so we did not want to stress anyone out by changing the timeframes for turns on short notice. As a result, we were concerned about the discrepancy between the amount of time people had available for their turns.

Let me clarify that this was not an issue for any of the participants nor for us, but we're wondering whether you have suggestions as to how to run potential similar events in the future. Would shortening the amount of days for turns work (for example 2 days + 1 day as padding) provided that the timeframe for turns is known in advance? That way, more people could participate, as the event duration would be less long and thus be more predictable upon sign-up.
in the dark,

Return to “Announcements and Events”