Song(s) of the Moment?

Chat with others about anything not website-related.
Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Song(s) of the Moment?

Postby Robin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 pm

What song(s) are captivating your attention at the moment?

RIght now I'm really digging Dolly Parton's "Jolene" at 33 rpm (seriously this is gorgeous and chill), and Kesha's "Praying" :heart: How about y'all?
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Fiona
Saffron
Saffron

Re: Song(s) of the Moment?

Postby Fiona » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:33 am

I've been feeling nostalgic since I (re-)watched NANA, and when I first watched the anime while it was airing back all those years ago, I've discovered Anna Tsuchiya when she was doing a bunch of Anna Tsuchiya inspri' NANA songs for the anime (funny enough, I've listened to OLIVIA before the flux of OLIVIA inspri' Reira songs though), so I was digging up other Anna Tsuchiya songs on Youtube. At the moment, I'm into one of her songs called "Lucifer" in which the whole song is in English (but some of the English lyrics are a bit funny). I think I might have a thing for music in minor keys. :eyes: Dark, I know. lol.

Ash
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Ash » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Robin wrote:RIght now I'm really digging Dolly Parton's "Jolene" at 33 rpm

A few years ago I found Miley's version and I STILL get stuck on that song all the time. Had never heard this version though! It's interesting but I still think I like Miley's better. c:

I always seem to get stuck on this song, ever since I heard it: had to lose my way, to know which road to take. (Imagine Dragons - Roots)
" though she be but little , she is fierce "

Crystal
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Postby Crystal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 pm

I have to think on this. I was on an Aqua kick for a while and then I started to listen to a random playlist featuring all the music on my computer (podcasts and everything!). If I have to pick one though then it's gotta be Halloween by Aqua. I'm most obsessed with this song by them. So good! :heart2:
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Sophia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I've been doing yoga in the park as part of a recovery program for a bum hamstring, and I've found Nirvana's Nevermind delightfully apt for where my mind is at during the practice.

I make a playlist for each month, but i often relisten to the same part of the playlist repeatedly. I've been listening to these ones over and over.

VOICE OF REASON wrote:SOPHIA IT'S SONG OF THE MOMENT, NOT NUMERICAL LIST OF SONGS

shoosh :evil:
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Fiona wrote:I think I might have a thing for music in minor keys. :eyes: Dark, I know. lol.

Me too! Minor keys = <3 because they feel more complex and encompassing than major keys :D

Ahhh y'all I'm loving this topic already! So music links, many awesome, yay <3
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Larissa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 pm

:eyes: definitely doesn't steal the last music post i wrote on my blog

I've been writing a lot over the past few months, and at this point I feel like I've listened to everything in my library half a dozen times. As a result I've been hunting for new soundtracks (I mostly listen to instrumental music while writing, I get distracted by lyrics) and a few weeks ago I came across this piano album for Battlestar Galactica.

Now, I like BSG a lot in general, but it has a really, really good soundtrack. Like, I listen to it on a regular basis. Just finding out that this album existed was like the heavens opening up. BSG is characterized by its diverse soundscape and it's really easy to get swept away by some of the pieces, so having its score limited to a single instrument highlights just how brilliant the compositions are. Case in point: Something Dark is Coming is a very slow, melancholy song, but making it a piano arrangement showcases the composition even more. :sparkle: :heart2:

Seriously I've been listening to this album nonstop for weeks. It's so good.

Fiona wrote:I've been feeling nostalgic since I (re-)watched NANA, and when I first watched the anime while it was airing back all those years ago, I've discovered Anna Tsuchiya when she was doing a bunch of Anna Tsuchiya inspri' NANA songs for the anime (funny enough, I've listened to OLIVIA before the flux of OLIVIA inspri' Reira songs though), so I was digging up other Anna Tsuchiya songs on Youtube. At the moment, I'm into one of her songs called "Lucifer" in which the whole song is in English (but some of the English lyrics are a bit funny). I think I might have a thing for music in minor keys. :eyes: Dark, I know. lol.

Oh man, this makes me feel so nostalgic. I listened to so much OLIVIA and Anna Tsuchiya back in the day -- I probably still have a ton, actually. I should listen to those albums again.
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

I've been on a big Final Fantasy kick recently (idk when I'm not, honestly). I've been listening to the Distant Worlds albums a lot and also super enjoying this extended version of the Besaid Island music, which is honestly just perfect work music. Eternity ~ Memories of Lightwaves ~ has also been on repeat.

Ugh NANA, that is also making me feel so nostalgic. I loved the music in that.
:heart2:

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:30 pm

I've been listening to the Life is Strange soundtrack the past few days because I needed something new, as I've been... listening to the same game soundtracks for months. Persona 5's Beneath the Mask and Nier's orchestral version of Kainé / Salvation have been very soothing.
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:44 pm

I started playing Persona 3: FES this week and I've been playing the themes to Paulownia Mall and the dorms repeatedly! I saw someone post a theory that the whole soundtrack is what the protagonist would listen to on his portable music player since he has his headphones on a lot!

Return to “General Banter”