Skincare routines!

Chat with others about anything not website-related.
sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Skincare routines!

Postby sugarplum » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 pm

:sparkle:

Let's all share and discuss skincare routines! Proper diet and hydration is half the struggle (which I'm completely failing at! Comfort food FTW!), but what do you do for the other half to keep your skin clear and in top shape?

I have dry, sensitive skin, and here is my regimen:

I know Etude House has a questionable reputation with their products in terms of the product quality, but in all honesty, I think their Moistfull Collagen line is one of their best. I have also heard their eyeliner line is good, but their lipsticks are really sheer for actual color to show up. I also mostly get The Face Shop products because there's a store nearby that sells it, and I usually only buy face masks. I've also tried innisfree and their products are super great!

Since I keep forgetting to buy sunscreen, I actually just bought Missha All-Around Safe Block Essence Sun Milk SPF50+/PA+++! I heard there isn't a pasty white cast when applying, so that's a huge plus for a lazy person like me who doesn't want to spend hours trying to blend in any streaks of sunscreen into my face. :yes:

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: Skincare routines!

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 am

My routine is super weird just like me, lmao :D

Most Days:
- after shower (in which only water has touched face), sometimes use microfiber hair towel to gently scrub face (link is the closest product I could find)
- slather on a bit of Vitamin E cream
- otherwise leave face utterly alone because it is weird and finicky and hates everything
- drink at least 64 ounces of water per day

Days I Feel Fancy:
- CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser--I rinse it off with a baby washcloth for a bit of gentle exfoliation
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion--I apply it, then rinse the baby washcloth in hot water and lay it over my face for a bit to help the lotion sink in more
- still keep up the water intake because water is all I drink now

I'm currently trying to downsize this routine (use up most of these products and then find an even simpler routine), but I definitely have found that I need exfoliation at least twice a week--my face gets "crusty"/rough feeling sometimes, and a good scrub gets it smooth again. I'm not a Clarisonic girl, though--those brushes look hardcore af and my face would probably hate it (LOL). In the past, I attempted some DIY oil cleansing with coconut oil but my skin just mostly shrugged at it, plus I hate greasy/sticky stuff on my skin so that was a fail! Live and learn, I guess!! LOL
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:56 pm

I fluctuate between various product, but my routine usually consists of 3 main parts: toner, serum, and moisturizer (and I always wash first with a gentle, but grained/beaded scrub).

I used to keep it to more specific steps, but nowadays it's pretty lax. Sometimes the serum is really an ampoule or essence, or I layer multiple serums or moisturizers.

My current routine is:
  1. TONYMOLY Phytoncide Toner - almost done, so I'll be switching to TONYMOLY White Tea Toner
  2. IT'S SKIN Power 10 Formula Q10 Effector (I've tried almost all of the different "flavors", only the LI version sucks imo)
  3. TONYMOLY Greem Tea Watery Essence
  4. TONYMOLY Green Tea Watery Lotion
  5. TONYMOLY Pokemon Pikachu Honey Moisture Cream - it's so large I'm never going to finish :sob:
  6. MIZON Snail Repair Eye Cream - I'm not too picky about eye cream, so I rotate different ones a lot, I used to use Innisfree ones, and my next one to rotate in is Innisfree's Olive Real Eye Cream

I have oily, and somewhat sensitive skin. I used to use TONYMOLY's Black Tea Cream, but it was too heavy for me, as are most "cream" based lotions. I usually stick to gel or water based ones, especially gel, since they seem to block my pores the least.

My two favorite brands are MIZON and TONYMOLY, especially the latter. I have Biore's Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF (which I recommend, as well as their other sunscreens, since it doesn't break me out or leave white cast), but I rarely actually use it, so it's probably expired now. My main method of preventing sun damage seems to be just avoiding sunlight :cool:

* I'm not necessarily endorsing any of the stores I may have linked; I just picked them because they were the easiest to link/had the best info or picture.
All New, Faded for Her

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:40 am

Aaah! I've heard awesome things about TONYMOLY. I'm excited to see what their quality is like. I've visited one of their stores in San Francisco, but one of these days, I'll try getting something from there!

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Sophia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am

Inspired by Snow White and the Asian Pear and 50 Shades of Snail, in summer 2016 I'd tried out a lengthy routine because I wanted I always had one persistent pimple at all times and wanted to stop having acne by the time I turned 30, but perhaps because I was not steady enough in my introduction of products, I ended up feeling very defeated and with more intense acne than I'd ever had.

I ended up subscribing to Curology, which I would heartily recommend. It's been about a year now, and my situation is totally changed. I haven't had a pimple in .... MONTHS. Which is insane to me.

MORNING
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Elta MD AM Therapy Moisturizer
- Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

EVENING
- Clean and Clear 3-in-1 Foaming Acne Wash
- Elta MD AM Therapy Moisturizer
- Curology prescription (8% azelaic acid; 1% clindamycin; .25% zinc pyrithione)

And once a week or so, a Queen Helene Mint Julep mask in the shower. I'm planning on reintroducing a retinol night cream soon.

____

First: loving the different routines and approaches. ❤

@sugarplum: I use that sugar scrub, too! (Just not terribly regularly lately, Mint Julep has overtaken it for me.) I'm curious about the collagen products. Anything to forestall dem wrinkles. :no:

@robin: CeraVe highfive! And finnicky face highfive. ❤

@masao: I was always curious about TONYMOLY. That Mizon Snail Eye Repair cream was something I had looked at previously - I think I used their snail ampoule once upon a time.
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Sophia wrote:Inspired by Snow White and the Asian Pear and 50 Shades of Snail, in summer 2016 I'd tried out a lengthy routine because I wanted I always had one persistent pimple at all times and wanted to stop having acne by the time I turned 30, but perhaps because I was not steady enough in my introduction of products, I ended up feeling very defeated and with more intense acne than I'd ever had.

Oooh 50 Shades of Snail was my main reason for getting into snail products. I've switched to using honey now, but snail still holds a special place in my heart.
Sophia wrote:@masao: I was always curious about TONYMOLY. That Mizon Snail Eye Repair cream was something I had looked at previously - I think I used their snail ampoule once upon a time.

I used to use their whole line of snail products: ampoule, cream, eye cream, and recovery gel. The only issue I really had was that it wasn't moisturizing enough, though I still like them. I think they're just better when mixed with other products, especially honey, if you're looking into more moisture.

I really like their Hyaluronic Ultra Suboon Cream though. It was really nice to add it to my routine, but I wish there was more in one tube, and it's not as easy to buy for me. I tried the hyaluronic cream from COSRX, but it was too heavy. I did just buy MIZON's Hyaluronic Acid 76 Serum, so I hope that one will be as good as the suboon cream.

I love TONYMOLY too much for words hahaha.
All New, Faded for Her

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:22 pm

TONYMOLY sounds so cool! They've also done a lot of collaborations with Pokemon and Powerpuff Girls, which I totally would love to try!

I know a lot of face masks and serums use snail mucin, but as long as you don't tell me which products have them, I'm totally okay with using them. (I still haven't gotten over my childhood trauma of snails!)

Return to “General Banter”