All around shopping!

Chat with others about anything not website-related.
Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

All around shopping!

Postby Lethe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Before anyone curses me for all the enabling that I do making this topic... I thought it'd be nice to have some general topic to share and chat about our broad interests with each other. So why not post about the things we've recently purchased (pics welcome!) or are eagerly awaiting in the mail? Or even things we plan to acquire next. :eyes: :eyes:

Anyway, feel free to chat with others here! If a conversation about a specific topic (say, a video game release) gets a lot of attention, we can always make a separate topic for the respective subject. :excited:

---

I got Collar x Malice about a week ago when it released and have been having a very difficult time tearing myself away from it. The relationships and characters are all so well-written, and the romances... :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: Kinda... don't want it to end... :sob: :sob: :sob:

As I've been commuting a lot more recently, I've had more time for my reread of Tamora Pierce's Emelan books, and am now finally reading Battle Magic for the first time, which I've probably owned for... over two years. Am enjoying it very much. <3 The only Tamora Pierce book I don't own is Melting Stones, so it's on its way to me now. :|a I heard it might be a disappointing read, partly because it was conceived as an audiobook.

While getting back into the books, I snooped around on the official website and found out that THERE'S A NEW BOOK COMING VERY, VERY SOON - for Pierce's Tortall verse! I'm so hyyyyyyyyped, especially after a friend showed me the previews. This kind of info book with its playful and self-indulgent presentation is something I've loved ever since I was a child (which might explain why I latched on to shrines later on?!), starting with the Sailor Moon fanbooks.
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Re: All around shopping!

Postby Larissa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 am

lethe pls, you're the biggest enabler of all :eyes:

I splurged a lot earlier in the summer (which is out of character for me, I really don't spend money on stuff that often) and thus have been trying to save my money since -- especially as my wallet is trying to recover from my recent PS4 purchase.

However! During all my splurging I set up a bunch of ebay alerts for various things in case a really good deal came along and earlier this week just such a thing happened: I spotted the second X artbook, Infinity for $35 + free shipping. Prices on ebay have been above $80 so I looked at it for maybe three seconds before buying it. Look man, when you spot a deal you take it. :sparkle:

(but really i need to save my money :sob:)
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:33 pm

I don't have much but things I bought recently include the Encyclopedia Eorzea (which is absolutely amazing!) and Lucina and Zelda figmas. I'm generally not huge on buying things online but I'm slowly warming up to it I think. Maybe. We shall see. xD
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Elysa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Elysa » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Larissa wrote: I spotted the second X artbook, Infinity for $35 + free shipping.

Ahhhh still forever jealous, I've wanted to get that artbook for so long T___T But I'm happy you were able to get it for such a great price!!

Crystal wrote:I don't have much but things I bought recently include the Encyclopedia Eorzea (which is absolutely amazing!) and Lucina and Zelda figmas. I'm generally not huge on buying things online but I'm slowly warming up to it I think. Maybe. We shall see. xD

I did well to avoid buying merchandise until... Lethe got me sucked in earlier this year. The amount I have spent since is terrifying :shock: :shut:

I've been splurging a lot these past few weeks, but today I received the very cute Natsume Yuujinchou trading figure set and Tsurumaru's nendoroid! I should be getting a few more nendoroids in the next few days, too... :eyes: :sweat:

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Saya » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:42 pm

:eyes:

I did not want to write from phone but - THIS made me crazy resisting for few days. It was difficult and in the end we got it -boyfriend went nuts cose of me moping around it being like mmmmmm nininini nununu on the couch :/

Now i wait till they arrive o,,o
...as goes light, so goes darkness

extravanilla
Saffron
Saffron

Postby extravanilla » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 pm

So, everyone's getting something with a name or a brand...

I bought a homemade ice-cream yesterday - vanilla and coffee mocha chocolate chip flavors.
I was happy I bought it! With all the studying I'm doing everyday it makes me cool down a little bit hahaha.

Edit:
I was wandering at the mall yesterday too and got a glimpse of these awesome calligraphy speedball set :heart2:
I have money but I am saving it up for future travels - so I'm just waiting for my next salary....

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Saya wrote: :eyes:

I did not want to write from phone but - THIS made me crazy resisting for few days. It was difficult and in the end we got it -boyfriend went nuts cose of me moping around it being like mmmmmm nininini nununu on the couch :/

Now i wait till they arrive o,,o

asjkafkdfkdf

OMGGGGG I want ;-;
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Those figures are so cute, Saya. :sparkle:

I actually buy very little merch so my purchases are usually super boring haha. But I recently got this book for a penny in hardback, so I just had to pay shipping. (I regularly buy kindle books on the daily deals so buying a hardback is a big deal for me.) I'm about halfway through so far, it's one of the best historical books I've ever read. Very well written, researched, accessible and interesting. I'm loving it.

I also recently got this District 9 shirt after a friend linked it to me because it reminded him of me because of my accent. :lol:
:heart2:

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Larissa wrote:lethe pls, you're the biggest enabler of all :eyes:
Elysa wrote:I did well to avoid buying merchandise until... Lethe got me sucked in earlier this year. The amount I have spent since is terrifying :shock: :shut:

plz it all comes from deep within yourself..........

Larissa wrote:However! During all my splurging I set up a bunch of ebay alerts for various things in case a really good deal came along and earlier this week just such a thing happened: I spotted the second X artbook, Infinity for $35 + free shipping. Prices on ebay have been above $80 so I looked at it for maybe three seconds before buying it. Look man, when you spot a deal you take it. :sparkle:

Oh no wonder you've managed to scout stuff on ebay so often haha, I love the alerts! <3 SO JELLY OF THE INFINITY ARTBOOK, not sure whether I'll own it in this lifetime. Definitely a good decision to hit that purchase button (knowing me, I would probably have STILL turtled).
Crystal wrote:I don't have much but things I bought recently include the Encyclopedia Eorzea (which is absolutely amazing!) and Lucina and Zelda figmas. I'm generally not huge on buying things online but I'm slowly warming up to it I think. Maybe. We shall see. xD

Yessssssssss, especially that Lucina!! <3 One of my favourite figmas, though I don't own it haha.

extravanilla wrote:So, everyone's getting something with a name or a brand...

I bought a homemade ice-cream yesterday - vanilla and coffee mocha chocolate chip flavors.
I was happy I bought it! With all the studying I'm doing everyday it makes me cool down a little bit hahaha..

Haha omg! If it makes you happy, that's great. <3 I don't treat myself with something like that often enough, can't even remember the last time I bought ice cream. ;_______; NOW I WANT TO. Hope you can buy the calligraphy set for yourself! <3
in the dark,

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I bought the four French omnibuses of Yazawa's Tenshi Nanka ja Nai not too long ago. I reread the series recently and it was almost entirely new to me because I had forgotten so much of it, having first read it between 2007 and 2010 apparently. The volumes are soooo gorgeous. They have this monochrome look going on inside them that is such a treat for the eyes. Now I only need to find Gokinjo Monogatari somehow and my collection of Yazawa-defining works will be complete.

(Also, because of Emma's icon here on the forums, I now think of her whenever I read the Yazawa series with artsy school setting because omg, I guess that's what I associate with Emma. :shock: :heart: )

Spoiler: LOOK AT MY CUTE NENDO. LOOK AT HIM.

Now I'll go eat my ice cream that I've bought because extravanilla and Megan made me realize going through life abstaining from lil luxuries is no good. :yes: :yes:
in the dark,

Return to “General Banter”