( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Say hello so we can welcome you to The Rose Keep!
Chris
Saffron
Saffron

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Hello! I have been curious about this place for a while but just got around to checking it out. My name is Chris (previously Tara as some may know me as), and I'm the owner of Besaid.org. I'm currently working on transferring things to a new domain, but for now that's where everything is.

I'm not really good at intro's, but... I have been designing websites for 15 years, on and off. My main interests are JRPG's like Persona, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Tales of, as well as a few anime series I'm deeply into (Macross Frontier, Love Live!, Houseki no Kuni). I also really like Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons, and Rune Factory. My main hobbies aside from tinkering with websites are cosplay and writing, as well as talking to the void on Twitter.

As an aside: if you could please address me with gender neutral pronouns (they/them), I'd appreciate it. I hope we get along well! :smile:
"They are brittle and weak, so they are not suited for battle."

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Re: ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Postby Lethe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 am

Welcome to The Rose Keep, Chris!

OK HOUSEKI NO KUNI. I love it so much and love seeing an icon of it here!! I... binge-read it about two weeks ago, after having put it on hold only a few chapters in before. You really have to allow some time to get into everything haha. /o\ But the payoff is soooo good. :sob: :sob: Phosphophyllite growing leaps and bounds while continuously redefining themselves in every sense of the word has me in awe, and the same goes for the worldbuilding. I went and ordered three volumes with a Black Friday discount and they're now on their way to me. I'm so excited to reread them right away!! Hopefully they'll have colour illustrations too; I love the character introduction pages so so so so so much. :excited: :excited: :excited: I think this is one of the series that has such a unique style as a manga that watching the anime is something I should strongly consider, CG and vibrant colours and all.

Re: games, all the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (do you play? :O) recently has really made me wonder whether I'd have enjoyed New Leaf after all, but now it feels too late to get into it with regard to playing with friends. I've also regularly passed Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons up too because I once tried Friends of Mineral Town and the freedom overwhelmed me... /o\ But now I really wonder. <_<

I'm looking forward to your new domain (curiouusssss :excited: ), though besaid.org seems like such a classic haha.
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 am

Welcome, Chris! High five on Animal Crossing and Pokemon :D also, ooooo new domain???
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Sophia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Hey Chris! :heart2: I'm Sophia. I often laugh at your twitter RT's ... which makes me the second most creepy person here. (@Masao :eyes: )

I can't wait to see your new domain and any projects that come with it. In particular, I love the design of your Mitsuru Kirijo shrine, as well as your shrine to Ann. I have made the colossal bad life decision of never playing any of the Persona series yet, so I cannot fully investigate your shrines, but SOMEDAY GOSH DARN IT I WILL.

Welcome! :heart:
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Welcome to The Rose Keep, Chris! We're glad to have you here, and I'm glad you signed up. And now I'm super curious about your new domain :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: Can't wait to see it!

Do you have any of your cosplays online to show? :heart2:

(shhh Sophia is totally creepier than me :eyes: )
All New, Faded for Her

Chris
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:40 pm

@Lethe: Ohhh omg yes!! Someone else into Houseki!! I read the entire series in the span of a day, and I regret nothing. I'm also pretty sure I know which Black Friday deal you picked up because I was gonna snag it but unfortunately shipping made it double in price... :sob: I am planning on trying to pick up a volume a month though. Hopefully our local anime and manga shop either has them or can order them from me. I can't wait to re-read it! I may have a Phosphophyllite shrine in the planning stages... :eyes: Huhuhu.

Am I to take it you haven't watched the anime? I am really enjoying it thus far. Today's episode was really nice, but last weeks just... broke me... sob. Seeing it so beautifully animated just makes it even more painful lmao.

Re: Animal Crossing though, I am playing Pocket Camp and I love it sooo much! It's such a cute little game, but I do hope there's a new Switch version of the game soon.

@Sophia: Omg, I'm glad my dumb Twitter RT's entertain you!! :sweat: And I do hope you can get into Persona at some point, it's really an amazing series.

@Masao: Huhuhu I'm very excited to start fresh with a new name. As for cosplay, umm, you can see some of it if you dig through my instagram. Hoping to order a new one around February for a May debut! I'm not professional or amazing as I'm still learning things (especially make-up), but it's a fun hobby.
"They are brittle and weak, so they are not suited for battle."

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 am

Chris wrote:@Masao: Huhuhu I'm very excited to start fresh with a new name. As for cosplay, umm, you can see some of it if you dig through my instagram. Hoping to order a new one around February for a May debut! I'm not professional or amazing as I'm still learning things (especially make-up), but it's a fun hobby.

Omg your cats are so cute. You should share more cute pics in the Cat/pet thread.

And I hope you don't mind me following you, I'm elandrin. Some of my cosplay is on my instagram, too. I used to post more on cosplay profile sites, but haven't really bothered in recent years.
All New, Faded for Her

Return to “Introductions”