[Blog] Turning Toward Day

Plug your projects to show us what you've been working on!
Forum rules
Please take note of the rules specific to this forum. In addition to this forum, you are welcome to use our community update hashtag to plug updates on social media!
Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

[Blog] Turning Toward Day

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Turning Toward Day
a site of growing, changing, evolving hope

After several months of poking around at this idea and trying to figure out how to make it work, I finally just started a thingy on Wordpress.com and am hoping for the best, rofl. Trying to post every day for the first few weeks or so, but if I miss a day, I am NOT going to stress about it...this is a site about me getting better and hopefully helping others to feel better too. <3
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: [Blog] Turning Toward Day

Postby Sophia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:41 am

-hugs- Robin, this is such a beautiful project. I'm very glad you're doing it. I love the simplicity of the presentation, and I love what you're trying to produce. Everything I've read about gratitude and expressing positive thoughts has underscored how it can really make a wonderful difference in your life, and I hope you find that to be true, too.

Regarding your most recent post -- I love to write reviews of things, and though I often get angsty when I think it's screaming into the void, but I think doing what you want to do for yourself is the right mindset, which I think is what you're pointing to. This is to say: I know that feel, bro, and I love that you're freeing yourself from it.
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 pm

<3<3<3 thank you so much Sophia! I started out with just a few facebook posts I was writing shortly after Mama died, and then my therapist sorta nudged me that I might want to try publishing some of what I was writing on a blog or something. Four months later I'm finally doing it, LOL! So far I'm enjoying it even more than I liked doing my last blog--I'm gonna work hard not to turn this into "have-to-do-it" drudgery lmao

(Regarding the last post: Doing things just because I like to do them has been an almost alien concept to me until recently. I have always looked for how to get a perfect score, how to get 100% approval from everyone, like I was quantifying the love others had for me and my skills...and I just ended up so unhappy because I was living a life I didn't even like. Very glad I'm breaking free of that particular thought prison!!)

Ren
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Ren » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 pm

This is a nice concept, Robin. There's too much negativity going on, the world definitely needs more positivity and I'm glad you're doing this! I'm sure it will help you getting better, and hopefully affecting other people (like me), too!❤
"Will you come with me?"

"Of course."

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Ren wrote:This is a nice concept, Robin. There's too much negativity going on, the world definitely needs more positivity and I'm glad you're doing this! I'm sure it will help you getting better, and hopefully affecting other people (like me), too!❤

Awww thank you!! It's coming along day by day as I add more new stuff :D trying to diversify it a bit and offer both thoughtful challenges as well as positive philosophies <3

Crystal
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Postby Crystal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 am

This is really neat Robin! I just read your recent blog entry and omg I relate to it so much. If I fail at something I'm always afraid to do it again because of that feeling of failure. It's a viscous cycle omg.
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:12 am

Crystal wrote:This is really neat Robin! I just read your recent blog entry and omg I relate to it so much. If I fail at something I'm always afraid to do it again because of that feeling of failure. It's a viscous cycle omg.

*HUGS* yeah that failure feeling was really strongly rooted in the memory I processed yesterday--I was like "holy wow this is probably why I avoid random stuff all the time DX" I am hopeful we can both break free of that fear! <3<3<3

Crystal
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Postby Crystal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Robin wrote:
Crystal wrote:This is really neat Robin! I just read your recent blog entry and omg I relate to it so much. If I fail at something I'm always afraid to do it again because of that feeling of failure. It's a viscous cycle omg.

*HUGS* yeah that failure feeling was really strongly rooted in the memory I processed yesterday--I was like "holy wow this is probably why I avoid random stuff all the time DX" I am hopeful we can both break free of that fear! <3<3<3

Ahhh I hope so too. Being so afraid of failure does no one any good, especially ourselves. *hugs*
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 am

I've been doing posts most every day since I started (only missed a couple days so far). Most recent post I've put up is Turning from Fear, Guilt, and Shame--this was a mind-blowing revelation when I first had it, and I hope it will help others too :)

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Hehe I love your blog's name because it's such a Robin name and goes so well with your network. <3

I really like your shorter entries as well, or, well, that you posted on those days and that they're short posts. With a project such as yours, I think it can sometimes get discouraging when you miss a few days (especially if you keep track), even though in the long run, it's much more important that you keep at it even with days skipped. And sometimes, we think that because we don't have much to say, or don't have "enough" to make a "proper entry", it's better not to write anything at all... But I really appreciate days where you (general you) don't have as much to say as usual, or may not have enough energy to write anything much, yet keep at the goal you've set for yourself. At least that's how I feel with similar undertakings of mine! And those little bits of positivity are lovely.

Keep going!!
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Return to “Website Projects”