What's your icon?

Chat with others about anything not website-related.
Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

What's your icon?

Postby Masao » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am

Seeing so many pretty icons, I thought it'd be nice to find out about them from everyone. Feel free to post here again when you change your icons! :lol:

So I'll start!

My current icon is of Nagisa Kaworu from Shin Seiki Evangelion, using a screencap I took from the original 1995 TV series, in ep 24 (I'm bragging about this because I own the platinum DVDs with the director's cut eps and screened the episode with Kaworu for reasons :eyes: ).
All New, Faded for Her

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Re: What's your icon?

Postby Lethe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 am

It's Persona 5's GORGEOUS, HANDSOME and STYLISH protagonist!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :sparkle: :sparkle: :heart2: :heart: :heart2: :heart: :heart2: :heart: I fell for him hook, line and sinker. :heart: :heart: :heart: That's yet another phantom thief that has claimed my heart... :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: I may or may not have changed my icons on several platforms after spamming a bunch of people with my fangirling while playing the game....

Can't wait for the English artbook!! I'm heartbroken that it was delayed. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

/lethe out
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

catnox
Saffron
Saffron

Postby catnox » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Lethe wrote:It's Persona 5's GORGEOUS, HANDSOME and STYLISH protagonist!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :sparkle: :sparkle: :heart2: :heart: :heart2: :heart: :heart2: :heart:

omg I am dying at this you are so cute

Mine is Lying Cat from the comic series Saga!! I fell in love with Lying Cat immediately. She's a sidekick of one the characters and she has the ability to know when someone is lying.

Larissa
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Larissa » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:30 pm

lethe omg :lol:

My icon is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, surprising absolutely no one. Look man, I have a #brand I have to maintain. (Alternatively, I really like making icons of Lightning.) It's from the ending of the first game.
time is scattering the seeds of the mourning daylight

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:43 pm

LOL Lethe. :lol:

Mine is Sakura from Fire Emblem Fates. She's the best little sister. :sob:
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Wendy
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Wendy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:47 pm

catnox wrote:Mine is Lying Cat from the comic series Saga!! I fell in love with Lying Cat immediately. She's a sidekick of one the characters and she has the ability to know when someone is lying.

xD cute!

Mine is from Tamen de Gushi, a manhua by Tan Jiu. It's the first manhua I ever read and so far one of the few g/g stories I've liked :excited: It's just so sweet and cute :heart2: I wish the chapters were longer but fortunately there's a lot of them so far! :yes:

Sophia
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Sophia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I love the little reveals in all of these!

Mine is the Great Warrior from Help Us Great Warrior, who is essentially an effeminate circle that fights evil and macks on hot dudes, which is who and what I aspire to be. The actual comic books are fantastic, but I found these shorts first. I often think of this particular sequence:

^ an alternate icon features the last panel
EVEN WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A WRITER
AND I WANTED TO BE STYLISH, BECAUSE TO BE STYLISH WAS TO BE POISED
ON THE PRECIPICE BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION.

women in clothes - sheila heti

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Saya » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:23 pm

In 2015 I got something commissioned for my boyfriend, as with him we met on the Final Fantasy 14 game, I asked the wife of one of my best friends for a commission (got a slightly lower price too), why am I saying this, well because my avatar is Aelya and Kharn Chinggis who are our characters in the game (now in the game Aelya is no more miqote but an au ra, she still is the same.

(p.s. we have it also have it on the wall)

...as goes light, so goes darkness

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:37 am

Ahhh that's so cool Saya! :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Emma
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Emma » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 am

Saya, that is awesome!

My icon is Mikako from Gokinjo Monogatari, a series by Ai Yazawa and the prequel of sorts to Paradise Kiss. She was one of my favourite characters who I identified with a lot when I was younger. And I love Ai Yazawa's art. :heart:
:heart2:

Return to “General Banter”