Hello!

Say hello so we can welcome you to The Rose Keep!
tehrin
Saffron
Saffron

Hello!

Postby tehrin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 pm

I go by tehrin online, but most of you might already know me by Bobbi as that's what I've put on my websites since time immortal *cough*sincegeocities*hack*

I'm in my mid 30's and I'm a retail manager, unfortunately due to circumstance. But it pays well enough to muddle through the stress.

I've taken a long hiatus from webdesign and just got back into it this year. By hiatus, I mean I rarely made anything for myself for personal enjoyment. It was mostly projects, working on anime convention websites and modifying wordpress templates. But I really missed doing fun things with css and graphics in my personal site/collective days. So I'm back at it again!

Other than that, I love drawing and writing. But I'm self-conscious about my work and can never finish a thing so I don't have as much online as I'd like. Maybe that will change!

Fandoms include jrpgs, namely final fantasy, xeno (gears, saga, blade), and others! I enjoy anime too, but not into it as much anymore. Though I do catch some series here and there. My favorite is probably Revolutionary Girl Utena and Serial Experiments Lain. I'm also really big on Disney. The IRL husbando and I keep going to Disney World because we can't decide on another place to take a vacation. I really love The Lion King and I have too many Tsum Tsums.

Also Alpacas are love. Alpacas are life. <3

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: Hello!

Postby Saya » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Welcome to the keep o/ enjoy your stay o/
...as goes light, so goes darkness

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:10 am

Hi, Bobbi! I used to visit your sites quite often and I'm glad to see you back! I think I remember joining your "Old School" clique... it was a classic! It's nice to see another person who's acquainted with Geocities. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:22 am

It's always so heart-warming to see people return to a hobby they once loved, so I'm glad you've found back to it and that you're here now! Welcome to The Rose Keep. :excited: :excited:

The layouts of your older shrines are so gorgeous - really demonstrates a lot of the creativity back then. I miss seeing the complete navigation on the layout rather than as subnavigations haha...

And yessss Utena is a favourite of mine too. Pics of your tsum collection please!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 am

Welcome to The Rose Keep! I remember your old sites so it's good to see you make a comeback. :excited:
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

tehrin
Saffron
Saffron

Postby tehrin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:29 pm

sugarplum wrote:Hi, Bobbi! I used to visit your sites quite often and I'm glad to see you back! I think I remember joining your "Old School" clique... it was a classic! It's nice to see another person who's acquainted with Geocities. :)

Oooh yeah my oldschool clique. Maybe I will start that back up! I forgot all about it! But yes... Geocities. There's a blog on tumblr that I follow that has screencaps of various geocities sites. I saved my old files when Geocities went down, so I still have my first site on there and all my old (awful) content! It's kind of funny to look back at the kind of person you were, what, almost a twenty years ago? Holy crap!

Lethe wrote:It's always so heart-warming to see people return to a hobby they once loved, so I'm glad you've found back to it and that you're here now! Welcome to The Rose Keep. :excited: :excited:

The layouts of your older shrines are so gorgeous - really demonstrates a lot of the creativity back then. I miss seeing the complete navigation on the layout rather than as subnavigations haha...

And yessss Utena is a favourite of mine too. Pics of your tsum collection please!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Thank you! I think since I have a domain up and everything I should stick around no matter how busy I get. :sweat: Hopefully I can change jobs soon and not be so overwhelmed so I have more time for personal projects! But yes! I do miss easy navigation like that! But it looks like newer things that I've made have kinda nixed it! Newer meaning uh... 2010 and never uploaded until recently. I will... post pics of my tsum tsums when I reorganize them. I tried to stuff them into my ita bag going on a disney trip and it didn't fare well. So I tossed them all on the shelf and there they sat (and I got more, and more, and more...)

Crystal wrote:Welcome to The Rose Keep! I remember your old sites so it's good to see you make a comeback. :excited:

Aaah thank you! It's nice to see so many people who remember who you were back in the daaay! :D :heart:

Thanks everyone!

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm

YAY for getting back into old hobbies! It's like finding old favorite clothes and finding out you still fit in them :D :D

Also 10/10 on that pretty new domain name <3<3
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Welcome to The Rose Keep, Bobbi! I remember your old sites, and I'm so glad to see you around again! :heart:
All New, Faded for Her

catnox
Saffron
Saffron

Postby catnox » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Bobbi! Welcome/welcome back! :) I'm glad to see another jrpg/final fantasy fan here! I think I watched the lion king about 5,000 times when I was a kid. I still get emotional during the scene with Mufasa :sob: :sob: I hope you enjoy your time here! ❤

Return to “Introductions”