hi there o/~

Say hello so we can welcome you to The Rose Keep!
Mei
Saffron
Saffron

hi there o/~

Postby Mei » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:34 am

I randomly came across this forum when I was visiting old collectives!

I'm Mei. I... was really active way back in the day. I owned tijira.net and frozen-rain.net years ago. Right now I just have a blog, and even that's tough to keep up with sometimes, aha. I've been really missing the old days of shrines, collectives, and TCGs though. (Fun story, I showed my boyfriend a really old TCG I used to run, and he laughed so hard at the award randomizer saying something along the lines of, "no stealing or cheating!" THEY'RE PIXEL IMAGES, OKAY? THEY WERE SERIOUS BUSINESS.) Hence my collectives hopping recently.

I... like to cosplay, I like anime/manga but I haven't really been caught up on anything recent (the only thing I've been keeping up with lately is Akatsuki No Yona), I really like DC comics/TV universe, A Song of Ice And Fire, Disney... my interests are all over the place xD I don't have a whole lot of time to play video games, but I do enjoy watching other people play them on Youtube; I'm just going to keep living vicariously through Markiplier's Dream Daddy adventures.

I have a puppy, his name is Hermes. If I were to get back into collectives and shrines, I'd probably end up just making a website for him. (not that he needs it; he's already got his own Instagram and we joke about making him business cards.) I'm kind of a crazy dog lady. We recently just adopted a kitten named Diana, too.

And... yeah! Hi! :heart: I'm really bad at intros if you guys haven't caught on yet :sweat:
il ne pleut pas

Saya
Wintercress
Wintercress

Re: hi there o/~

Postby Saya » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

Welcome to the keep o/
...as goes light, so goes darkness

sugarplum
Saffron
Saffron

Postby sugarplum » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am

Hi, Mei! I'm excited that you've returned to web design. I used to visit tijira.net back in the day! :) I would definitely visit your puppy site if you made one! Dogs are so adorable!
ImageImageImageImage

Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Postby Lethe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Welcome to The Rose Keep, Mei! :D

I'm not sure whether I knew your domain, but I'll definitely be checking out your blog! :D A website for your puppy would be adorable tooooo. T_T

OMG I feel you on the TCG comment hahaha! People get so confused when I try to explain how they work since you can just... save any images etc. and the whole thing is based on a honour system and all. "What's the point of collecting when you can just save all the images??" :lol:

I recently reread Akatsuki no Yona and liked it a lot more than on my initial read. That series really grows as it progresses.
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 am

Welcome Mei! :D
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Welcome! I believe I remember visiting frozen-rain.net back in the day :D it's sooooo great to get back into favorite old hobbies! (I definitely remember those proprietary pixel images from back in the day, too--it was SUPER SRS BSNS if someone made off with one of those, omg xD)

I think you'll find everybody's fandoms are all over the map, but that's what makes places like this so much fun--getting to share your passions with others who may never have known about them otherwise <3 I saw you like DC comics--what did you think of the Wonder Woman film? :)
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

Mei
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Mei » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm

@Saya:
Thank you! :)

@sugarplum:
Dogs are the best! I would adopt all the dogs if I could afford them and had room for them.

@Lethe:
Thank you for the welcome! :)

Haha, I know right? Nobody outside of the TCG community really gets it. Sometimes I don't, either. But it's just so fun. I think I mainly play for all the mini games, and less for actually collecting the cards, haha.

@Crystal:
Thank you! I'm excited to be here :)

@Robin:
It's crazy how much has changed over the years! At the same time, it's really cool to go back and see collectives and shrines and stuff and realize that some things also stayed the same.

I loved the Wonder Woman movie! (Unpopular opinion: I wasn't crazy about the romance though. I think I personally wished it was all her being a badass and needing no man. But everything else was wonderful, so I can't really complain.) Probably the first movie DC's done in a long time that's actually been good, aha. It makes me excited for the Justice League that's coming out. Excited and really scared, since WW has set a pretty high bar /)_(\
il ne pleut pas

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi and welcome to The Rose Keep, Mei! I remember tijira.net since we used to be affiliates. Glad to see you around again!

I wish I had more time too to do all the things I want, like play my back log of games. Who are your favorite characters in ASOIAF? I like your blog a lot, especially how active you keep it. I really have trouble with that myself :sweat:

I still need to watch the new Wonder Women movie, but your icon is really pretty. Where is the art from?
All New, Faded for Her

Mei
Saffron
Saffron

Postby Mei » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 am

Masao wrote:Hi and welcome to The Rose Keep, Mei! I remember tijira.net since we used to be affiliates. Glad to see you around again!

Hiii! I wish I'd kept in touch with a lot more people during my collective/web design days. ;A;

Masao wrote:I wish I had more time too to do all the things I want, like play my back log of games. Who are your favorite characters in ASOIAF? I like your blog a lot, especially how active you keep it. I really have trouble with that myself :sweat:

House Lannister all the way ;u; they're just such beautiful, awful people.

Blogs are so hard to keep up with! I find that I always run out of things to talk about. The moment I started a blog was probably the moment I realized that I'm actually really boring, haha.

Masao wrote:I still need to watch the new Wonder Women movie, but your icon is really pretty. Where is the art from?

It's originally I think from a tumblr artist, but their tumblr isn't there anymore and I've been trying to track their new stuff down
il ne pleut pas

Masao
Crystal Grace
Crystal Grace

Postby Masao » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 am

Mei wrote:Hiii! I wish I'd kept in touch with a lot more people during my collective/web design days. ;A;

Awww do you know if anyone is still active? I just have Hiroko on facebook, though we rarely talk.

Mei wrote:It's originally I think from a tumblr artist, but their tumblr isn't there anymore and I've been trying to track their new stuff down

Ooh I see, I managed to find this post, and it looks like her new tumblr is here.
All New, Faded for Her

Return to “Introductions”