Project Teasers!

For any open conversations revolving around websites in general.
Lethe
Lunar Tear
Lunar Tear

Re: What's your current project?

Postby Lethe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 am

I am excited for all these revamping plans in this topic! <O><O> I never thought revamping could be so fun until the last few revamp projects of mine hehe. Other people's quite dated projects getting thoroughly revamped is always something to look forward to because you get to see how much they've improved (and also how design trends and web standards have changed).

tehrin wrote:I have this crazy idea in my head to create shrines for my own characters, mostly for references when I commission people for art. It's a total no one cares move, but I really want to do this, so I've been typing up content and working on drawing up to date reference material.

Completely self-indulgent projects are very rewarding, and as a visitor, I think it's nice to see something so private. I've always liked people's sites to their own MMORPG characters too. <3

That said, we'd love to see any previews that all of you have for your projects! :sparkle: The topic's been up for a while, and many lovely plans have been shared, so I'll re-link the first post here as a reminder. Your preview doesn't have to be elaborate, or be an image - just any snippet that you'd be comfortable sharing, regardless how far along you are with your projects. Take that first step so you can share it with us! :heart:
in the dark,
ephemeral looks a lot like eternal.

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm

tehrin wrote:I have a few things I'm working on.

1. My Prompto of FFXV shrine.
2. Revamping my old shrines, particularly my Ziggy shrine.
3. I have this crazy idea in my head to create shrines for my own characters, mostly for references when I commission people for art. It's a total no one cares move, but I really want to do this, so I've been typing up content and working on drawing up to date reference material.

That is a SUPER COOL idea on your third point--you kind of want a character repository, maybe? (I made one for my City of Heroes characters here...it might give you some ideas)
a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
http://www.withinmyworld.org/

tehrin
Saffron
Saffron

Postby tehrin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:29 am

@robin
Sort of. I actually wanted to make individual mini-shrines for them with unique site titles and layouts. At least for three of them. Others would be one page. Then the main collective would have info like lore, magic, etc.

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:04 pm

tehrin wrote:@robin
Sort of. I actually wanted to make individual mini-shrines for them with unique site titles and layouts. At least for three of them. Others would be one page. Then the main collective would have info like lore, magic, etc.

Ah, I gotcha. I attempted that at first with my CoH characters in the beginning. When the number of characters I had to shrine rose above 7 or 8, though, I got tired of trying to come up with all those different styled layouts and titles, plus all those separate pages... (It was a sort of (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ moment combined with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , LOL) You're probably on a better track with your ideas!

tehrin
Saffron
Saffron

Postby tehrin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Robin wrote:Ah, I gotcha. I attempted that at first with my CoH characters in the beginning. When the number of characters I had to shrine rose above 7 or 8, though, I got tired of trying to come up with all those different styled layouts and titles, plus all those separate pages... (It was a sort of (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ moment combined with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , LOL) You're probably on a better track with your ideas!

Yeah. I have a main protagonist that the story revolves around. He he has his best friend/romantic interest that's nearly as important in the story as he is. Then there's another main character that's pretty significant in the story that would need a few pages. The others are don't need to be quite as lengthy, anything from a few pages to just one page. You can do so much with CSS these days, that when it comes to the one or few page shrines I can probably just keep the format and change around the css/images so it's not as awful lol.

Crystal
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Crystal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:18 am

I have a few things going on right now. Currently I'm working on a sort of overhaul for my MMO site which involves adding a couple more characters, rewriting some info, and fixing up some coding. I've also started a revamp for my Lyn shrine.
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
Their tears both soak the land that they love

Robin
Wintercress
Wintercress

Postby Robin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm currently watching through the rest of the Yu-Gi-Oh!, anime (and busily compiling notes for my Kaiba fansite) and realizing I apparently skipped the last season almost completely. Either that or I was in a bad headspace and didn't absorb it the first time, lol

Also, I am LOVING Google Docs for compiling shrine notes while on my phone in bed. #lazyshrininghack

Return to “Site Talk”